You might want to bookmark this page . . .
If you are new to your job and find they have CareerScope, or if
you need a refresher on using CareerScope, there is an excellent User Guide under the Help menu item in the CareerScope
Management System. If you need a very short version of how to use CareerScope, here it is:
Click here to return to Nebraska WFD CareerScope Training Site
General Points to Remember:
To administer CareerScope to an individual:
- Suitable for anyone (middle school through adults) with fourth grade reading level and the ability to use a computer mouse.
- One-hour, self-administered assessment.
- They will need pencil and paper for the math-related sub-tests (no calculators).
- The assessment session can be split into two or more sessions by simultaneously pressing Cntrl
and E (preferably between sub-tests). They will re-start at the beginning of the next test
if they enter their same ID number at start-up.
- If the person taking the assessment is interrupted during an aptitude sub-test, press Cntrl
and E so that their results are not locked-in as the sub-test "times out" – otherwise their
low response rate will be locked into the test results.
Help them click on the CareerScope Task (CS TASK) icon for a 5-minute multimedia orientation - or bypass the Intro
by pressing Escape.
Remind them to read and follow the directions carefully - watch over their shoulder for the first few minutes to
see if they are reading and following directions okay.
If they are obviously doing well, you might be able to go do other work for an hour – but stay within
earshot. If they are having any trouble with reading or following the directions, you might need to stay close and check
on them as they start each subtest. Use Ctrl and P to repeat the practice sessions if they appear unsure of what to
To print out a CareerScope report:
- Click on the CareerScope Management System (CS MGMT)icon:
- Enter the Password (if you do not know the password, the
serial number on the CareerScope CD case will also work – enter with no spaces, case sensitive).
- With the default Search by last name button selected, type the first letter or two of your client’s last
name and click Find. Your client's full name should appear.
- Click Print Report (assuming you are connected to a printer and the selected reports
already have the Configuration you want - e.g. you might want Print Job Titles selected for the Assessment Profile
It's that easy! If you have questions about using or interpreting CareerScope, call John Reeves at 800-421-1342 or
Click here to return to Public CareerScope Training Site